WTF? Naming every little "storm".

D.M.D.

Super Anarchist
These "named" winter storms are not sanctioned by NOAA. The Weather Channel has taken it upon themselves and "names" these storms. It's just BS by the Weather Channel for more hype and trying to get you to watch.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
I got an email from my internet provider advising about possible service interruptions due to "Winter Storm Beck".
Snowing lightly here with 3-5 predicted, Denver should get 1. Then it's getting chilly.
How in the hell does this warrant even being called a "storm" let alone getting named?
https://weather.com/news/weather/vi...-spreading-snow-from-rockies-to-upper-midwest
It’s been going on for a few years …Bomb Cyclone ? Polar vortex ?

why ?

Perhaps made for tv, 24 hr weather channel t

Ime am hoppeng to see "Suppere Stormmey Daniels " some daye....... :)
FiFy

1669755039083.png

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Which part of "The goddamned snowflakes are going to ruin our society!" didn't you get?
(I don't know which nut job said that, but one of them must have, at some point)

Grizz

Beats the crap out of me
Northport, NY
I think the deductible on my homeowners insurance becomes much higher if damage is due to a named storm. I hope these informal non-NOAA sanctioned names don't count!

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
I think the deductible on my homeowners insurance becomes much higher if damage is due to a named storm. I hope these informal non-NOAA sanctioned names don't count!
If that ist what 'SSS' bringes evereybodey, I saye 'NO', no moire named stormes....