Wylie 60

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
I need to caveat here that when we gybe the 30 Dave Wahle had to grab the mainsheet and throw it by hand over his shoulder around the stern which is likely the issue being resolved by the spars in the cockpit. On the nonesuch 30 my dad was a partner in we finally got to where we could gybe in 20 plus but it was a dance with the devil and if the boat was full we chicken gybed. That boat needed a larger high performance rudder, a power sheet winch and a powered reel halyard. Otherwise it was a limo ride. No one wanted to dock it in either direction. Ridiculous rudder.

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
I am now seeing the dual floor cockpit where passengers can shelter upwind and eat canapes with hot or cold adult beverages near the companionway and then move aft when coasting downwind and life is warmer.  I think you need to have experience with the sf bay venue to truly appreciate this design brief. Some days even a 44 foot performance monohull can seem a little short. Especially outside the gate.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Those mainsheet posts (where does the sheet go to?) would make for a great 'human slingshot'

Last edited by a moderator:

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
Why no foils, either CS36 or F3 type?

Looks swampable - hobby horse in the wrong period & bob's your uncle

Teener

Super Anarchist
PDX
Probably had the same design brief as Century Link Field.  Players out in the cold, half of the spectators sheltered from the wet.

Aerial_of_Qwest_Field_and_downtown_skyline%2C_2002.jpg