Yachtsman,woman of the year

btbotfa

Super Anarchist
Nominees shortlisted for US SAILING's 2010 Rolex Yachtsman of the Year award: Sunfish North American Champion Bill Brangiforte (Weymouth, Mass.); Melges 24 North American Champion Adam Burns (North Tonawanda, N.Y.); 505 North American Champion Augie Diaz (Miami, Fla.); Luderitz Speed Record Breaker Robert Douglas (Nantucket, Mass.); J/24 World Champion Tim Healy (Newport, R.I.); Jules Verne Circumnavigation Record Winner Stan Honey (Palo Alto, Calif.); Marinepool Melges 24 World Champion Jonathan McKee (Seattle, Wash.); Newport to Bermuda Race Winner Rives Potts (Essex, Conn.); Lightning North American Champion David Starck (Buffalo, N.Y.); and Star North American Champion George Szabo (San Diego, Calif.)

Nominees shortlisted for US SAILING’s 2010 Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year award: 470 Women’s North American Champion Amanda Clark (Shelter Island, N.Y.); ICSA/Laser Performance Women’s Singlehanded National Champion Claire Dennis (Saratoga, Calif.); Kieler Woche Laser Radial Champion Paige Railey (Clearwater, Fla.); Laser Radial Youth Women’s World Champion Erika Reineke (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.); U.S. Women's Match Racing Champion Genny Tulloch (San Francisco, Calif.); and US SAILING’s Rolex Miami OCR Women’s Match Racing Champion Anna Tunnicliffe (Plantation, Fla.).

laserichard

Super Anarchist
the hardest bouy regattas outta those are m24 worlds for the men, and kiel week for the ladies... gotta respect stan though as well

oceanrc

Stan and Anna are the 2010 Rolex Yachtsman and Woman of the Year.

Congrats to both, very well deserved.

~HHN92~

Super Anarchist
Although I have not been active in too many years, Bill Brangiforte has been working hard over the years in many regattas, and for him to finally win the Sunfish NA's is benefitting for my vote. Grass roots sailing at its best in the Sunfish class. Former 5 time NA Champ Jeff Linton was the recipient a couple of years ago. ( and well deserving, I might add)

Matt Baldwin

So many on the list deserve the praise as Yachtspeople of the year. I think the womans list is deeper in talent. Why wasn't Julien D. nominated for his BDA win 2 years ago? Probably because it is only one event. Rives is a great guy and an awesome sailor, but yachtsman of the year?

J McKee or Stan H. for the men

Genny or Anna for the women