youtuber accused of staging plane crash

Foreverslow

Super Anarchist
Fame is like drugs from some folks

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/youtuber-accused-staging-plane-crash-likes-and-views

This story is getting a ton of coverage on Youtube from the aviation experts who want to help the FAA clip this dude's wings..

Beside ghe red flag of wearing a parachute, after he landed he hiked up the side of remote mountains to find the plane cameras before looking for help.   As stupid as Juicy Jessie Smollet sitting at home with a noose around his neck and a Subway sandwich on the table as the cops show up.

Seems like some cannot accept the fact fame is fleeting..

guns68

What an idiot! I hope the FAA tacks his hide to the back of the shed. The real shame here is the waste of a vintage aircraft. Thankfully there wasn't a post crash fire, although I'll bet he had minimal fuel on board. 

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
That dry river @ 5:08 in the video looks pretty landable to me. Anyone have the coordinates of the crash site. I'll bet there are several roads or fields within glide range.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Gotta love google maps.

From 4:16 in the video:

1975988886_ScreenShot2022-01-09at1_54_25PM.png

From google maps:

833289458_ScreenShot2022-01-09at1_59_04PM.png

Directly in front of the plane there is a large, flat field (top picture. middle left). And 1.5 miles behind there is an even larger field (34.8396, -120.0226). This guy is full of shit. A Taylorcraft B stalls at something like 35kts and he's got what looks to be about 8000' of altitude. Any normal pilot would have turned towards the two obvious landing sites and tried to restart the engine until there was no other option, which would be to land. Asshole.

guns68

Let alone whatever landing sites are behind him. I used to own a Taylorcraft, those things are almost a powered glider. At 8-9000ft. He could have eaten a sandwich, called his mechanic to troubleshoot the problem and set up an Uber before having to commit to a landing site. What a tool. I'm just glad the hills didn't catch fire from the crash. 

Last edited by a moderator:

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Let alone whatever landing sites are behind him. I used to own a Taylorcraft, those things are almost a powered glider. At 8-9000ft. He could have eaten a sandwich, called his mechanic to troubleshoot the problem and set up an Uber before having to commit to a landing site. What a tool. I'm just glad the hills didn't catch fire from the crash. 
Man, I'm really pissed this knucklehead destroyed an 80 year-old vintage aircraft for Youtube hits to stroke his fragile ego. What a dickhead.

image.png

image.png

image.png

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas

They are known as "influencers" for pimping items for companies to sell more of.  I think dickhead is a better word, as mentioned above.  Terrible waste of a perfectly good classic aircraft.  Also, as mentioned above, I hope the FAA pulls his license, and criminal charges if applicable.....

Jkdubz808

Super Anarchist
Stuart, FL
I hate people.  So many things could have gone wrong, like starting a possible wildfire aside from crashing a perfectly good aircraft.  Completely staged.  What a tool.

mikewof

mikewof
One other thing ...

He trashed a really nice plane, he will likely lose his license, he may face charges, and everyone hates him for what? 600k-some views?

Pfft ... there are video with puppies licking their assholes that generate more views than that. What a dipshit that guy is.

mikewof

mikewof
actually

For once, I hope you didn't actually do any research before posting facts.
If there is a video of a puppy, I'm going to research it. This puppy has 20 million views and he didn't need to crash a plane into a combustible forest or violate FAA guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
One other thing ...

He trashed a really nice plane, he will likely lose his license, he may face charges, and everyone hates him for what? 600k-some views?

Pfft ... there are video with puppies licking their assholes that generate more views than that. What a dipshit that guy is.

For how much money did the wallet company that he pimped at the beginning pay him??

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I agree that was a real stupid thing to do.  

I don't agree with the numerous comments about destroying a perfectly good plane, other than the fire hazard.  If it was his plane, he can do anything he wants to it.  People are allowed to destroy their own things.  To me that piece of this shit show isn't relevant at all and it's just a silly thing to bitch about.  People destroy perfectly good things all of the time, for all kinds of reasons.  

I think there are better things to be outraged about such as ranting about people ranting about somebody destroying a perfectly good plane.  

Jkdubz808

Super Anarchist
Stuart, FL
I agree that was a real stupid thing to do.  

I don't agree with the numerous comments about destroying a perfectly good plane, other than the fire hazard.  If it was his plane, he can do anything he wants to it.  People are allowed to destroy their own things.  To me that piece of this shit show isn't relevant at all and it's just a silly thing to bitch about.  People destroy perfectly good things all of the time, for all kinds of reasons.  

I think there are better things to be outraged about such as ranting about people ranting about somebody destroying a perfectly good plane.  
Thats what a lot of us are angry about.  Its his plane so yes he can do what he wants, but into the hills of California which is NOTORIOUS for wildfires, even in winter, was extremely reckless.  Not to mention the dangers to hikers and backpackers who go deep into those hills to camp and get away from society (I know many that do this), if they were in the wrong place at the wrong this situation could have proved to be deadly.

At least thats what I am pissed about.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
At least thats what I am pissed about.
You are, but the majority of the comments here include that he destroyed a perfectly good airplane.  

And given the fact it is a very old airplane, albeit an iconic one, it might have been in poor condition to begin with.  But whatever, to me it's a silly thing to complain about as opposed for the legitimate thing to complain about.  letting a plane fly itself into the ground is a pretty irresponsible thing to go, given all the potential havoc it could have caused. 

And another thing.  Not long ago a Finnish guy blew up a perfectly good Tesla with a bad battery.  I didn't hear a lot of out cry about blowing up a (almost) perfectly good Tesla..  I'm pretty sure the value of the Tesla even without a good battery was more than that plane.  A quick look on Google shows prices between $5,000 to $30,000.  I'm going to guess that the one that was crashed would be toward the lower end of that range.  

But if they find out he did it on purpose, then Trevor should stand trial and if convicted, spend some time in prison.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
You are, but the majority of the comments here include that he destroyed a perfectly good airplane.  

And given the fact it is a very old airplane, albeit an iconic one, it might have been in poor condition to begin with.  But whatever, to me it's a silly thing to complain about as opposed for the legitimate thing to complain about.  letting a plane fly itself into the ground is a pretty irresponsible thing to go, given all the potential havoc it could have caused. 

And another thing.  Not long ago a Finnish guy blew up a perfectly good Tesla with a bad battery.  I didn't hear a lot of out cry about blowing up a (almost) perfectly good Tesla..  I'm pretty sure the value of the Tesla even without a good battery was more than that plane.  A quick look on Google shows prices between $5,000 to $30,000.  I'm going to guess that the one that was crashed would be toward the lower end of that range.  

But if they find out he did it on purpose, then Trevor should stand trial and if convicted, spend some time in prison.
I don't care if EVERY Tesla gets blown up, but those old airplanes are in finite supply and now there is one less. Kind of like blowing up a J-Class boat for laughs vs. an old Laser.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I don't care if EVERY Tesla gets blown up, but those old airplanes are in finite supply and now there is one less. Kind of like blowing up a J-Class boat for laughs vs. an old Laser.
OK, I feel for you, but that's a pretty narrow and subjective view.  I imagine the number of people in the world that are upset that one more Taylorcraft is gone is very small, probably miniscule actually.  Probably even smaller than the small number of people who were upset about blowing up an impotent Tesla.  

First world problems to be sure.

mathystuff

Anarchist
Took a look at his Youtube. It's full of red flags for him being depressed and suicidal in the video titles alone.

Guy needs help.