Yrvind's Off

Jpe61

Living life to the max. Hope he goes well. 
Well actually, according to his manifesto, he's living life to the minimum :)

I'm afraid this experiment will not be any more successful than the previous exlex. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

VeloceSailing

Sweden
I love the strength in his beliefs and the perseverance to prove them, whatever it takes, in spite of the opposite industry trends and market direction.

Jpe61

His task is to develop boats according to his own philosofy. He is not so much a sailor as he is a craftsman. He's spent way more time designing and building boats than sailing them in the last years.

Jpe61

He is a fit man, his condition or age hardly limit his ability to sail. It's a choice he's made, and I think he's happiest this way.

He has barely started his latest voyage, and he already has plans for a new boat.

I've got really mixed feelings about this venture.  It's great that he's out there living the life he wants.  It's worrying that he's out there in a tiny home-built boat.  I admire his commitment to a small boat philosophy.  I doubt that his little boat is even remotely comfortable in a sea.

It was the best of plans.  It was the worst of plans.

Jpe61

I'm fully certain he is happy in his little boat. I've read some of his stories of his earlier adventures, and he truly seems like a fellow who enjoys simplicity and practicality fullheartedly. Comfort does not rank very high on his list...

I'm also sure his boat is very safe. Not very fast by any means, but he obviously is in no hurry :)

inneedofadvice

Super Anarchist
Sarnia
I'm fully certain he is happy in his little boat. I've read some of his stories of his earlier adventures, and he truly seems like a fellow who enjoys simplicity and practicality fullheartedly. Comfort does not rank very high on his list...

I'm also sure his boat is very safe. Not very fast by any means, but he obviously is in no hurry :)
Does he have internet? Cause this sure seems like it could be his sock.

Jpe61

Dunno.

It does seem that his journey is turning out to be of the same coreography as the previous one...

Screenshot_20200704-001118_Chrome.jpg

Jpe61

Yrvind's journey is not a very good testimony for the performance of his little boat... He's travelled a distance of about 300nm from his point of departure, this gives him the average speed of about 1kts. The average speed over the total distance travelled is about 2 kts, which is, well, downright lousy...

Screenshot_20200709-225346_Chrome.jpg

Jpe61

He won't.

At this rate he'll get to Azores in about two months, by which time he has completed his plans for his next boat, and he returns to Sweden to build it.